Angelina Jolie Covers Vogue December 2010: Vicky Woods Accounts Her Experience With The Actress
Thursday, November 11, 2010 |
Edit Post
Angelina Jolie is explaining why she took the role of Elise Clifton-Ward, the woman of mystery who captivates Johnny Depp in The Tourist, which opens this month. It’s because she plans things. “I was looking for a very short thing to do before Brad started filming [Moneyball],” she says. “And I said I needed something that shoots not too long, in a nice location for my family. Somebody said there’s a script that’s been around, and it shoots in Venice and Paris. And I said, ‘Is it a character I haven’t played before?’ And they said, ‘Yes, it’s a lady.’ ” She laughs: Uhhuhhuhhehhehheh.
Sitting opposite one of the world’s most notorious beauties is an experience that requires some processing. Impressions: (1) She has a seriously filthy laugh. (2) She is graceful, straight-backed, head held high. (3) Her photogenic beauty is mesmerizing in real life. Which is quite disturbing, because it makes you “gaze and gaze” (to borrow Nancy Mitford’s phrase from Love in a Cold Climate). Women who can hypnotize people just by sitting and breathing have a spooky power. Like Princess Diana (though she was not as beautiful as Angelina). I asked her producer, Graham King, at one point if he found the beauty distracting. He said, “In The Tourist?” Me: “On her face!” King: “Oh! One hundred percent.”
She is wearing a little cropped jacket by Neil Barrett, who dresses haute Hollywood, classic pants by Helmut Lang, and Ferragamo flats. Black, black, and black. “As Brad’ll tell you—and my kids—apparently Mommy only wears black,” she says. Because she was a Goth, right? No, she says, it’s utilitarian, it’s practical: “I like to get up so every pair of pants goes with every top, every dress goes with every shoe. I’ve a very tiny closet. Brad’s always laughing at me. Some days, yes, I have the nightgown that looks like a dress that I can sleep in and pick the kids up at school. And maybe take a meeting if I switch into heels.”
Tags
Angelina Jolie,
Celebrity News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Nicki Minaj recently sat down with the New York Times and expressed her feelings about Lil Kim’s negative attitude towards female emcees. ...
-
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana The Dallas Cowboys might want to brush up on...
-
MTV was granted exclusive access to Minaj and chronicles her professional and personal life. Over the course of the hour-long documentary, f...
-
China has rejected US allegations that it hijacked 15 per cent of the world's internet traffic for 18 minutes in April 2009. This inclu...
-
Paris Hilton and her beau were spotted out in LA to celebrate Kyle Richards' Birthday Nicky Hilton and David Katzenberg were also pres...
-
Bieber recently revealed to Chelsea Handler that Rihanna felt he was too young so she turned down his invitation to a date. Yeah, I aske...
-
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg rejected Steve Ballmer’s (Microsoft CEO) offer to buy the social network for $15 billion in 2007. Instead, ...
-
A man in JACKSONVILLE, FLA, Jeremis Soriano's, claimed his lip was busted open after Drake’s bodyguard punched him. “Before I got to say...
-
BERLIN (AFP) – Germany's attempt to create a multi-cultural society has failed completely, Chancellor Angela Merkel said at the weekend,...
-
According to IMDb Aubrey O’Day is set to join the cast of Piranha 3D: The Sequel movie. The sequel comes after the recent success of the ...

0 COMMENTS:
Post a Comment